Sunday, January 25, 2009

Wow...

I'm so busy reading everyone else's blogs that I never remember to post on mine!! Well, we had a rather "interesting" experience here yesterday. Craig almost electrocuted himself and that's no joke. Our furnace went out so while we were waiting for the repairman to come over I plugged in an electric heater...but it was on the same wall as some other appliances and blew the circuit. We couldn't get the power back and so he turned off the power and removed the circuits, took them to Lowe's to have them checked, came back, put them in, tested them with the power on of course, forgot it was on and started to do something else at the box and WHAMO!!! He touched something very live with his screwdriver no less...he wasn't hurt but it blew a chunk of metal off the side of the box. I had said a prayer that he would be safe working with the electricity and he was really blessed. He said from now on he is hiring an electrician!! He joked and told me that I could have collected on his insurance policy...but I told him that JB Fletcher or Colombo would probably accuse me of shorting out the power in the first place!! Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised to find that there is a clause in his insurance policy about dying during home repairs...I think they call it suicide. LOL

5 comments:

  1. I am glad to glad was okay. It is a reminder to always pray even for the simple things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad he is okay. Tell him we love him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Typo I meant to say I'm glad dad was okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!! Very glad Dad's okay! My Dad had a similar accident with his box, but I think it just dented the box. Thank goodness for answered prayers!!

    ReplyDelete